Interested in Becoming a Substitute Teacher?
CCSD#2 Requires that all Substitute Teachers must hold a valid Wyoming PTSB Substitute Teacher Permit or Wyoming Teaching Certificate. Contact Wyoming PTSB for more information. In addition, please apply online at our website as a Substitute Teacher for CCSD#2.
Wyoming PTSB Requirements
There are multiple ways to meet the requirements for a substitute teacher permit.
College Credit Path
CCSD#2 PTSB approved Alternative Path (Click here for checklist)
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Complete a CCSD#2 application on our website
- Once payroll paperwork is completed, complete approximately 2.5 hours of online training (includes Frontline Substitute Teaching 101-Part 1, GNC Confidentiality and Bloodborne Pathogens online modules)
- Successfully complete the US and Wyoming Constitution exams
- Submit a complete application packet for a Wyoming Educator Permit.
- CCSD#2 District Representative must sign off on Alternative Route
- Application must be received by PTSB and their DCI background check must be returned and cleared
- Complete Frontline Substitute Teaching 101 Parts 2 & 3 (6 hours)
- Complete an additional 15.5 hours of online training from the options below within 3 months:
- Report training hours to Pam Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org; please print or screenshot all Frontline Completion Certificates
- Observation hours will be satisfied by Principal-approved actual Substitute Teaching experience
Information for District Substitutes
Once hired, Carbon County School District No.2 requires ALL new substitutes complete Frontline Sub Training 101 (Part 1). Frontline Training is completed online after payroll appointment. Contact Central Office, 307-326-5271 with questions.
Professional Development Opportunities for earning PTSB recertification credits:
CCSD#2 In-Service Trainings offered for PTSB credit. Check back periodically for updates:
|Date / Time
||No Such Thing as a Bad Kid: Understanding and Responding to Students with Emotional and Behavioral Challenges
Additional Courses Available Through CCSD #2:
- GCN (Global Compliance Network) training is available to district substitute employees at no cost for additional PTSB credits. Submit completion certificates to Pam Schroeder at Central Office (email@example.com)
- Frontline Substitute Courses are approved by CCSD#2 for PTSB credits and are also available at no cost to district substitute employees. To earn clock hours, first complete Substitute Teaching 101, Parts 2 & 3 and submit completion certificates to Pam Schroeder at Central Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The following courses can be taken AFTER completing Substitute Teaching 101, Parts 2 & 3 and can also be applied to your hours for certificate renewal. If you choose to take any of these courses, please be sure to submit completion certificates. Note that there are 2 lists, one for Substitute Teachers and one for District Paraprofessionals who have a substitute teacher certificate.
- Click here to sign in to Frontline and then access the resource library to enroll in the courses. Many of the courses must be searched by name to find.
Outside resources for earning PTSB renewal credit: